JANN is the premier networking organization for animators in Jamaica. Get connected to other professionals in the industry. Hear about job opportunities, attend meetings to hear the latest happenings and participate in workshops to further your knowledge.
How to become a member
If you haven’t already done so, the first thing you need to do is sign up and it’s easy. What qualifies you to be a member? You have to be either an Animator, Artist, Writer, Actor or Music Producer, Art/Film Director interested in working in animation or already working in animation. If you are an art or animation student you need to supply a student I.D. for verification. You can do so via email.
How to pay for membership
We have 2 categories of membership “Full” and “Student”. Full membership costs $10,000 per year or US$80 while Student Membership costs $5,000 per year or US$40. Once you have paid you will receive full benefits. You can pay via Paypal or direct deposit or transfer to our Liguanea NCB account #374321048, account name Jamaica Animation Nation Network. If you choose to deposit or transfer to our bank account, please make a copy of the bank slip, scan or take a picture and email it to us. A link to our Paypal account is at the bottom of the membership application above.
What do membership dues contribute to?
Membership dues go towards organizational expenses. This includes but is not limited to hosting meetings, workshops, screenings, website.
Benefits of becoming a member
Benefits of paid membership:-
- Connected to a collective society of animators
- Portfolio profile page on our website
- You will be in our job list
- Screening discounts (Up to half off)
- Workshop discounts (Up to half off)
- Possible recommendations for the Annie Awards
- Eligible to vote
- Eligible for content buyer seller program
- Eligible to run for a position in elections
Benefits of un-paid membership (persons registered but not fully paid up):-
- You are only allowed to be a volunteer in a committee
- You are in the job list but you are on the second tier. Meaning you will only be contacted if paid members do not take up a listed job
- You cannot vote
- You cannot be elected for a position
So what are you waiting for? Join today!