Corretta Singer is a Swiss-born, Jamaican-grown, self-taught 3D animator, digital artist, director and digital musician.
One of Jamaica’s animation pioneers and the first female 3D animator known for her short film projects such as her first award-winning, “Voyajah” Episode 2 in 2006, Deeper: Shadowsong” which won Most-Outstanding Animation at Trinidad’s Animae Caribe Animation and Film Festival in 2007 and the more known “Kina Sky” which was aired nominated for best animation and aired on Nickelodeon in 2009, won a Reggae Film Festival Honour Award in 2010, showcased at the O2 arena during the 2012 London Olympics and received accolades in festivals worldwide. (I-Will-Tell festival, UK; Mahogany Masquerade, Atlanta, USA; Kinofest, Bucharest, Romania)
Corretta’s digital art has been featured in the UK publication: 3D Artist magazine. She has worked on commercials and shorts locally and internationally, including the soon-to-be-released short from Paper-Tiger films in Los Angeles, “Pink and Blue”.
She also started the popular Facebook forum for local animators, Jamaica Animation Nation which then merged with the JAMPRO appointed Jamaica Animation Network in November 2012, creating the Jamaica Animation Nation Network (JANN).
Summary: 10 years experience as 3D Generalist and video production in both the commercial and creative industry. Specializing in Concept art, 3D Modeling, Texturing. Highly Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Autodesk Maya and working knowledge of Mudbox Versed in Rigging, Lighting, Animation, Rendering, Compositing, Editing, music production.
- 2014 Working with Paper Tiger Films in LA on short film “Pink and Blue” with James Parris. Responsible for 3D Modeled character to be voiced by Michael Madsen of “Kill Bill” fame.
- 2013 Completed work on web series 2 Hopeful Spinsters, which won an LA web-Fest award for best Special / Visual Effects in2014
- 2013 Screening of Kina Sky at the Mahogany Masquerade for Alien Encounters in Altlanta, USA
- 2013 President of the Jamaica Animation Nation Network (JANN) Jamaica’s Animation association.
- 2012 One Day On Earth, Documentary, contributing cinematographer. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5185364/
- 2012 Jamaica House at O2 arena during the Olympics, Kina Sky
- 2011United Kingdom, I Will Tell festival, Director’s heart award, Kina Sky http://www.iwilltell.com/festival11/films/caribeanime/17kina_sky.html
- 2011 Official Selection Rototom film festival, Spain
- 2010 Post Production supervisor and Motion Graphic lead for “In the Dance” Season 1, Jamaica, CVM
- 2010 Lime Regional Christmas campaign, Animation and editing, Caribbean
- 2010 Reggae film festival honor award Jamaica Kina Sky
- 2010 Digital Art piece” V5 PlanetRider” printed in 3D Artist magazine issue 20
- 2009 Kinofest, Bucharest, Romania shortlistfor Kina Sky
- 2009 Nickelodeon animation festival, Shortlisted “Kina Sky” –aired on Nickelodeon television @ 5:36PM ET on 18th of November 2009 http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/nickelodeon-animation-festival-2009-kina-sky.html
- 2009 started Jamaica animation nation page on Facebook.( later to become JANN)
- 2008 started Maven media productions
- 2008 Directed and Edited commercial for Sun Island.
- 2008 Directed, edited and did Animation / CG Sequence for Fruta, Trinidad
- 2007 Animae Caribe Most Outstanding animation “Deeper: shadow song”
- 2006 Animae Caribe People’s choice for Voyajah: Episode 2
- 2005 Animae Caribe Official Selection for Voyajah: Episode 1
Corretta has also done local and regional work on commercials for Digicel, Lime, FHC, Wray and Nephew, Pepsi, Maggi, Supligen, Pizza Hut, Frito Lay, Tallawah, and more. Check out her JANN member portfolio site at http://correttasinger.animatesja.com